The prime objective of CIIP is to promote interaction between faculty, students and industry thereby reducing the gap between industry expectations (practice) and academic offerings (theory). The centre is aimed towards achieving the following objectives:
1. To promote the sharing of expertise between UTDs and industry for mutual benefit and revenue generation.
2. To interact, apprise and facilitate the industry regarding consultancy services offered by the university to solve routine as well as research oriented industrial problems.
3. To manage and protect the intellectual property rights of the University and to ensure the Commercial Use of University`s in-house research and technology-outcomes to outside world.
4. To promote active participation of industry in the teaching learning process and collaborative research so as to impart quality education meeting the industry standards and expectations.
5. To strengthen the activities of Training and Placement Cell by creating a conducive environment for industry institute interaction.